The history of Hotel Médano starts at the beginning of the 20th Century. To be more precise between the years 1910 and 1915. During this period a tomato packaging plant was constructed in the fishing village. El Médano during this period was a small and peaceful mainly due to its location than the character of its inhabitants.
The packaging plant was constructed on the beach in El Médano with the main intention that boats could have easy access for the offloading and loading of cargo. It should also be noted that around this period adequate road infrastructure was near none existent which meant that the main form of transport was by boat. During the forties the packing plant close and the building was converted into a ballroom. Finally in 1963 what we now know as Hotel Médano was constructed and represented the first hotel on the southern part of the island